Friday, May 11, 2012

Make your own Taco Seasoning



It seems like I always have the ingredients on hand for dinners like tacos, burritos, taco salad, etc. except for the taco seasoning packets!  I always end up searching my pantry while dinner is cooking only to be disappointed that I always forget the taco seasoning.  So, I figured I should learn how to whip up my own taco seasoning.  This is a great recipe that includes basic spices that I always have on hand in my pantry, and it tastes great too :)  You add all of these seasonings to 1 lb of ground beef while it's cooking.  No need to add water.
2 tsp. chili powder
1.5 tsp paprika
1 tsp. onion powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. ground cumin
1/2 tsp. oregano
ground pepper to taste
**If you like it spicy, you can add some cayenne pepper.

No comments:

Post a Comment